February 5, 2010

So There's This Boy...

He's sweet, respectful, cute, adores me, likes my cat, likes my friends and is liked in return. The catch? He doesn't live in San Diego.


What's a girl to do with a potentially great, yet long distance, boyfriend? This lady is really, really not a fan of those sorts of relationships, especially since I'm pretty darn broke and whoring myself out for any available shift, which means being too afraid to leave the San Diego area for longer than a day. I've also tried long distance before and let's just say it wasn't the best year I've ever had.

I like this boy. But is it worth starting a relationship knowing the only way we'd see each other more than once every month (or two) is if he spends the time, money and effort coming to San Diego when I can't promise even one work-free day to spend with him? I can't justify getting into a relationship that one-sided, and I'm in no place to make any promises or plans now, especially with the busy season right around the corner.

If I were more romantic and prone to give in to my heart's every desire we'd already be all official and shit. But (obviously) I'm not all that romantic. I'm a realist, a cynic and a severe skeptic. Sure we might work well together and might be very happy but the long distance thing is a blinking stop sign I can't ignore.

When in doubt, post pictures of animals.

That, and it's been just over 6 months since the end of my last (very serious) relationship... I'm not so sure I'm ready for a new one. Especially around Valentine's Day. This time I want to be single. Hellooo single ladies, it's time for chocolate and champagne!

No comments:

Post a Comment