March 31, 2011

Sometimes I'm Right


Every now and then I go to my guilty-pleasure website, The Frisky. I do so mostly for the Dear Wendy, but I also read the articles. One writer, Jessica, really bugs me. She's highly dramatic and she has a "no apologies" kind of attitude. About 2 years ago she wrote she found the man she would marry, after a month of dating the guy, and moved in with him and his best friend within 3 months. They told the world. Literally. For 2 years she blogged about how happy she was that she found the love of her life, the man she would marry, how sure they both were that they'd spend the rest of their lives together, how every mistake in her life was now OK because it led her to this guy.

See where this is going?

Yep, he dumped her. According to her blog post, it was sudden and unexpected. She decided not to post the dirty details out of respect for his privacy (oh yeah, and she also still hopes they'll get back together and doesn't want the dirty laundry to make her look bad later) but did in another post describe how it took him a week to kick her out and less than 2 weeks to go on a date with a girl he apparently had been e-mailing and flirting with. I'm gonna draw my own conclusions.

The reason I thought this deserved writing about is because I want some record somewhere to state that I CALLED IT FIRST! Two years ago, when she was ecstatically writing about moving in with Mr. Wonderful, I knew this day could not be too far away. I don't know what it is, but when you start blabbering on about how wonderful this love is, how no one else could possibly know what it's like to be this much in love, how you're both sure you'll get married and have babies and live happily ever after, how you're "practically engaged anyway," how you can't imagine living with any other person in any other way, how happy you are to be in love and how much you now pity your single friends and "just hope you find the same happiness I did (even though no one can possibly know what this feeling is like because you're not with this man)," I know it's not going to last.

And you know what? My whole life I've been right. So, Jessica, I don't even feel bad for you. It sucks that this boy broke your heart and went after another girl not even two seconds after kicking you out of the house you rented with him, but maybe next time you'll keep your lovey-dovey to yourself and not go proclaiming what your relationship is before you've even reached that step. Painful lesson to learn for sure, but it's high time you learned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment