July 9, 2010

Bad Combination

This is a perfect description of my life right now.

Hindsight is great for realizing when certain things are bad combos. Like Sublime said, it does not pay to be drunk and horny.

Luckily for me, I have this thing called foresight. I happen to know quite well how alcohol affects me, and because I happen to be pinning for a certain boy, I know I should not be drinking. But unfortunately I happen to know equally well how boredom affects me, and right now I have 6 hours before I have to be anywhere and a very silent cell phone with Said Boy's phone number sitting right there, taunting me. Now, Said Boy does not have my phone number anymore so I have finally stopped getting that butterfly feeling when I get a text message, thinking beyond hope he's contacted me. Sad, but that's a step in the right direction.

I realize some people might want to slap me for saying this, but at 24 this is the first time I've been left. I was the one to do the leaving in my 2 relationships and because it took me for-freaking-ever to come to the decision both times, when I actually did it I was already kind of over it. So I have to say I feel a little heartbroken this time. Just when I'm starting to get some significantly strong feelings for Said Boy it's over. Which makes me sad all day. Plus, because I quit my job, now I don't even have the ridiculously young but ridiculously good looking boys to look at anymore. Sigh.

Hence, bored and missing Said Boy makes for an awkward post.

No comments:

Post a Comment