July 5, 2010

I Heart The Internet

The Internet is a series of tubes.

A friend of mine says I'm addicted to my computer. And I guess he's right, but really I'm only addicted to my computer when it's connected to the Internet. I think the worst thing about moving is not having the Internet for a few days. No Facebook, Fark, Netflix, or, worst of all, Blogger. The new roommate has a laptop but doesn't use wireless Internet, so it's on me to figure out how to make the old roommate's router work (still doesn't, BTW). Luckily, a couple of neighbors have unprotected routers, so I do have enough of a signal to access previously mentioned websites, even though not usually for enough time to get through an episode of Californication uninterrupted.

Point being, now I at least have some useful Internet and can feel connected to the world again. I can write, I can post those pictures to Facebook that I kept meaning to do, I can make fun of idiots around the world, and I can watch at least some Netflix. So get ready for an influx of posts I've wanted to write for at least 2 weeks but couldn't until now.

Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I still don't understand why people don't protect their routers.

    ReplyDelete