July 5, 2010

I Was Runnang!

Ridiculously happy.

Now, I'm not a long distance runner, a sprinter, I didn't do track and field in high school (but I did a pathetic year in 5th grade), and I'm not training for a marathon or have any real desire to actually do a marathon (26 miles? Why?). But boy did I miss running.

Right before Easter I twisted my ankle. I figured it wasn't a big deal and the pain would go away in a day or two. Three months later I was still wrapping it and taking it easy (probably should have actually seen someone about it, but I is broke). I also had zero motivation to go running because there was nowhere awesome to go... just some crappy little grass square that had a bunch of signs saying it was for the sole use of the tenants of the condo complexes surrounding it. Lame.

But then I moved back to Hillcrest, and oh my goodness I have Balboa Park. I went for my first run in over 3 months a week ago and it felt FANTASTIC. Like the world was a happy place. Like I was a happy person. Like everything was going right. Like I just had amazing sex. So. Good. And believe me, I would have come straight to the computer and written to you all about how fantastic it was to not only go running again, but to go running in the most beautiful of city parks in my favorite neighborhood in America's Finest City, but, alas, I did not have the Internet (see previous post).

For the last week I've run every other day and it feels wonderful. I've even incorporated this beautiful old foot bridge into my run and I go by a cafe/sandwich shop I want to spend insane amounts of money in. I'm back with all these other runners, walkers, dog owners, yoga masters, and bocce ball players, and I feel like I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment